| 2 comments ]

I capped off the 2 weeks of my spring break with a 103 mile ride on Saturday. It felt easy.

Key Bike:





That was the 103 mile ride. It was a fun tour. I used the Garmin eTrex Legend Cx to find my way around. I wanted to ride through the PGA estate housing development, but I was denied entry at the gate.

Key Run: Thursday. I kept this at 8 miles, as I've started doing a long run every two weeks. I ventured out the Lake Ida dog park for this run. That's a great park to run in for two reasons. First, the dogs make for nice entertainment. Two, there's a great, hard, grass surface to run on for about a 1.5 mile loop. I've been looking for something other than pavement on which to run, and I've finally found it. The run felt easy and relaxing, which is a new experience for me in the sport of running.

Key Brick: Two hour ride followed by a 40 minute run on Tuesday. Again, I did some hill repeats on the Atlantic Ave. bridge for the run to build some leg strength. As if I need more leg strength.

Key Frey: I did this one on Easter Sunday. I didn't do the traditional run-swim-run format, but instead just did a run-swim. I ran 10km then swam an easy 2500m. I kept the swim short, because I felt pooped at the pool.

Again, I can't help but marvel at the fitness level. I am happy to have the opportunity to endulge in this injury-free training period.

Quote of the Week:

"There's a lot of pressure on women in particular to look like an 'athlete.' Unfortunately for some people that means skinny and petite, rather than healthy and strong."

Melinda Manore, researcher in the Colleges of Agricultural and Health and Human Sciences, in regards to her recent Oregon State University research published in the International Journal of Sport Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism.

2 comments

Libby Maxim said... @ March 31, 2008 at 5:37 PM

cool ride and map, thanks for the tip frey, you are the man

Bullet said... @ April 1, 2008 at 8:59 AM

Nice work out. Great post on Thursday. I think about the same stuff every time I get on the bike. Be cool, just be cool.

Post a Comment