| 0 comments ]

Hey Bird Watchers! I know you've missed the training updates!

I am back into full-blown triathlon training. It's been 4 full weeks since Florida 70.3, and I finally feel fully recovered. This past week was my first full week of training since the race, and I feel better than ever!

I wasn't focused on as much of a 'key workout' program as I was in Florida 70.3 preparation. I have basically just been training by doing whatever I want. Biking, weight lifting, yoga, running. I have done very little swimming: only about 4km total in the past month. To put that in perspective, Aqua Crest Swim Team occasionally does 10km single practices. Nonetheless, I feel better than ever on the swim. I have even thrown some jump rope into the weightlifting sessions.

I biked 60.1 miles on Saturday without ANY knee problems whatsoever. Didn't even feel a twinge!

Yoga is making a big difference. It's a perfect combination of core strengthening and muscle lengthening. This will be a permanent addition to my lifestyle. My yoga instructor told me, "You were built for this!" although I feel that was a generous compliment.

For a look at my excel training log, follow this link: Frey's Training Log

Quote of the Week:
"Unless you test yourself, you stagnate. Unless you try and go way beyond what you've been able to do before, you won't develop and grow. When you go for it 100% when you don't have the fear of "What if I fail", thats when you learn. Thats when you are really living."
Mark Allen


0 comments

Post a Comment