| 0 comments ]

1. I hit the midpoint of the Eric Cressey's Maximum Strength program this past week. There is a 1rm benchpress test at the end of week 8. I had a 215 1rm on week 1; I had a 255 1rm on week 8. That's my all-time high benchpress, and it excites me for the possibility of hitting 300 by week 16.



2. I went to visit the family in PA for the winter break. In the cold weather, I got sick within 2 days. This is after having made it two years in FL without getting sick.

3. Instead of a New Year's resolution, make four mini-resolutions. Instead of saying, "damnit, this year I am going to lose weight and get in shape!" you could say, "I will lose 5 lbs. by April 1. I will run my first 5k by July 1. I will lose 10 lbs by October 1. I will eliminate sugar from my diet by December 31." The four mini-resolution technique is much more quantifiable and manageable.

4. I am training at a PA gym for a few days. It's depressing how many people at this gym talk about training as if it were the punishment for the fun holiday activities, such as sloth and overindulgence. If training is your punishment and laziness is your pleasure, why not just do what you like and stop clogging up all the treadmills?

0 comments

Post a Comment