| 0 comments ]

Since I am deeply into week 3, I figured it was due time to post about week 2. It was another productive training week, pretty much the same as week 1. Right now, I am reestablishing my training frequency, getting in a long ride on the weekends, and doing some aerobic swims and rides during the week.

My funnest workout on the week was Sunday's. I wanted to get in about 3.5 hours of cross training, so I swam for 1.5 at aquacrest, biked for about an hour, then rollerbladed around downtown Delray for an hour. The weather was gorgeous on Sunday, and everybody and their mother was hanging out around town.

The swim is coming along well. As I wrote about before, Aquacrest was closed until Sunday for maintenence, so I got to visit some other local pools.

All in all, I am feeling strong, healthy, and well-rested. The training is challenging without being overwhelming. The physical strength I built through last year's half-ironman training is definitely paying dividends this year, and I am using the lessons I learned with that training to inform this new training cycle.


Quote of the Week:

If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: “Hold on!”
...
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And - which is more - you’ll be a Man, my son!

- If by Rudyard Kipling

0 comments

Post a Comment