| 1 comments ]

Just a quick update:

I did the 2nd Annual UMLY triathlon today, April 25, 2010. It was my first triathlon since July, 2009, and it was the first time I've ever done a tri in Pennsylvania. It was cold and rainy! I started at 6:50am, and it was in the 40s then!

The race was fun and well run, and there was a crowd of enthusiastic, passionate, fun loving athletes there. The swim was in UMLY's beautiful, heated, outdoor 50m pool, and the bike meandered throughout the scenic (and ritzy) Main Line area.

Needless to say, I wore the pink speedo through the entire race, and I rocked the Cannondale and the turtle bike bell for the bike leg.


You can check out the results here: http://www.lin-mark.com/results/berwyntri2010.txt

Although I took my camera, I didn't take any pictures, as my hands were frozen solid. The official race pictures should be up in a few days.

Also, I bike commuted myself there, which was quite an adventure. I left my house at 5:15am and rode the 15 miles from West Chester, PA to Berwyn, PA in the dark and the rain. You start to question your sanity when your pedaling down Paoli Pike at 5:30am on a Sunday morning, with a 30 pound bookbag on your back when it's 40 and rainy out. It's an experience that sits right on that border between crazy and awesome.

Regardless, it was a good day, and a blessing to be able to race again!

1 comments

darcykaat said... @ April 26, 2010 at 9:39 AM

Way to go Frey. We wussy Floridians would have stayed under the covers at 40 degrees! At least you didn't get barbed by a stingray as I did at Swim Miami 4/17!

Post a Comment