| 0 comments ]

Hey bird fans, it's been a while since I've posted on here. What have I been up to? Here's a little summary:

1) Getting ready for grad school

I'm starting up a masters program at Upenn this fall, and I'm pretty pumped for it. I don't know if you've noticed a decline in the writing quality of my posts over the last couple years, but I have definitely gotten dumber since I finished as an undergrad in 2007. Hopefully, the dedicated academic work will improve my vocabulary, sentence structure, focus, etc... all things that will make for better blog quality. It's a program for Language and Literacy in Education, and my guess is the professor's don't accept words like "n00b" when I'm talking about beginning readers. I've been spending too much time on the internet...

2) Going Barefoot

I've been wearing the Vibram Fivefingers for about a year. I really haven't worn shoes since I came back from my knee surgery last fall. I walk the dogs barefoot, and I've even built myself a barefoot cycling pedal. I was running a good 20 miles a week in the vibrams for a few weeks. Jump rope, walking around NYC, biking 40 miles, lifting... I've been doing it all either barefoot or wearing the Vibrams. If you're a triathlete or a runner and you haven't tried the Five Fingers, give it a shot:



The only downside is all the questions and stares you get.

Here's a quick FAQ section, should you, the reader, ever see someone wearing a pair of Vibrams and feel a sudden urge to ask a stupid question:

What do you do if you step on a nail? (I don't know, I haven't hit any yet)
Are they comfortable? (Yes, why the hell else would I be wearing these butt ugly shoes.)
What are those? (Shoes.)
Can you step on broken glass? (Yes. But, more importantly, why are you so concerned about dancing around on piles of broken glass?)

3) Drinking

I love to booze, but, I had quit for the last few years. I started to drink again, and it's been delicious. Don't worry, it hasn't been hurting my training. In fact, I put down a respectable 10 drinks, slept it off, woke up hung over, then biked 92 miles just this past Saturday. Cheers!


4. Philadelphia Triathlon

Did I mention I did the philly tri, and I outsplit a few of the pro's on the bike? I did the Olympic distance race, but it got turned into a duathlon, with a 3.1 mile run, then a 24 mile bike, followed by a 6.2 mile run.


It's hard to pick me out of a crowd at a triathlon...

I was just reading back over this post, and it seemed a little boring, unfunny, and self-centered, so, to keep you entertained, here's a picture of Desiree Ficker:


That's about it for now. Get off the 'net now and go biking!

What? You're still here? Well, if you insist on continuing to read my blog instead of train, here's a great new video by Cee-Lo. But, I'll only show it to you if you promise to log off after you watch it. Promise? Pinky Swear? Good. Here it is:

0 comments

Post a Comment