| 0 comments ]

It's possible to make creamy, delicious homemade Ice Cream with only three HEALTHY ingredients, and you don't need an ice cream maker. You just wet your pants, didn't you? Jesus, go clean up, then come back and finish reading.

Rejoice ice cream-aholics! My name is Frey, and I have come to your salvation with a ridiculously delicious ice cream recipe.

That's right

I almost feel guilty tellin gyou about this recipe. See, I've been making and eating this ice cream for several months, but I haven't posted it on the blog. Not telling you about this awesome recipe earlier makes me a bad person. I apologize.

The secret is this: Frozen bananas. When you whirl them in the food processor, they get a delicious, creamy texture. You have to trust me on this little bit of kitchen magic; I was also doubtful about the quality of the recipe when I first heard about it. Give it a shot and you'll get a creamy, custard-style treat!

Here it is:

2 Bananas
1/3 cup plain yogurt
honey (optional)

Cut the bananas into 1/2" slices, and freeze for at least 4 hours. Throw them in the food processor, along with the yogurt, and, if desired, a few tablespoons of honey. Let the food processor go to town. Initially, you'll have a crumbly mixture, and pieces of banana will stick together in larger clumps. You'll have to stop the machine and scrape down the sides, and break up the larger chunks of banana a couple times with a spoon. Stick with it, and eventually the bananas will turn creamy. Stop the processor and eat your face off!

That's it.

There's an endless amount of variety you can add to this basic recipe. Try sprinkling some granola on top for a healthy breakfast treat. Mix in a couple tablespoons of peanut butter. Drop in a scoop of protein powder for a post workout muscle-building feast. Holy crap just go make it now and make sure you take some spare pants just in case you have another accident when you first taste it.

I've also heard this (but never tried it)... Apparently you can skip the yogurt, and use ONLY bananas. With this banana-only option, you can refreeze the ice cream right after you make it. When it refreezes, you have a banana ice cream that resembles hard-scoop style ice cream. Give it a shot and let me know if that works!

0 comments

Post a Comment