| 0 comments ]

The first four week of this training program were all pretty similar, so I figured I'd save you some boredom and condense weeks 3 and 4 into one blog post. Here's what it looked like on each day in week 3 and 4

Monday: off

Tuesday:
AM:
Swim, about 1800 with a mainset of fartlek 100's, done in the long course pool at asphalt green.
PM: Easy bike, about 1 hour.

Wednesday:
PM:
Run, about 40 mins with some fartlek bursts peppered in

Thursday:
PM:
Brick, about one hour bike plus 20 min run.

Friday:
AM:
bike, about an easy hour
PM: about 1800 swim at asphalt green, with a main set of 100's done as 25 hard, 25 easy.

Saturday:
AM:
bike, about two hours
PM: run, about 30 mins

Sunday:
AM:
swim, with a 1500 straight swim main set
PM: long run. About one hour.

So this was the general pattern of the last four weeks, with the volume slowly building from week 1 through 4. It was nice to get some consistency and some two-a-days back in my life. The next four weeks will have more speed work and intensity, which I am looking forward to. I'm just happy I'm uninjured!

0 comments

Post a Comment