| 0 comments ]



Today begins day 1 of my training for Florida Ironman 70.3. I am putting a solid 24 weeks of focused training into this race, and 24 weeks from today is May 18, 2008.

Day one of my training plan, Monday, is actually scheduled to be a rest day. I actually scheduled every Monday as a rest day. This is because my longest rides, runs, and bricks (bike rides followed directly by runs) are scheduled for the weekend, so Monday rests will allow me to recover before beginning another training week.


However, as you can see from this picture, the weather in South Florida is absolutely gorgeous in December, so who wants to rest. And, since today is Day 1, and I have no previously big weekend from which I need to recover, I thought I do some training today.


Went for a swim this morning at Aquacrest - 2600 nice and easy. I am going to do some stability work for my achilles rehab tonight at the gym.

Like all things in the training, I am really flexible. The program just keeps me progressing, and keeps me from overtraining too significantly. If I feel like putting in a longer ride, run, or swim, or if I feel like taking an unscheduled rest day, I go ahead and do that.


So, I'll see you in Orlando on May 18, 2008. If you're looking for me, I'll be the first one crossing the finish line.


Frey

0 comments

Post a Comment