| 0 comments ]


I got a new bike! Check it out:



Needless to say, I love it. It's a custom Spectrum
road bike, titanium compact. I can't stop riding it.

But check this out, I got a picture of myself on the top tube, but I need to tell a little story of where this picture came from, first.

After I rode my first century (a 100 mile bike ride) in Santa Barbara, CA, i got this picture taken of me:

Well, I wanted to try to get a picture of myself on my bike, so here's what I did. I got a artist to draw a
caricature of me from this picture on the right.


Here's what he drew:


I think he did a great job, to tell you the truth. He definitely captured my rugged handsomeness. So, I then had the custom bike master, Tom Kellogg, the man who makes the custom Spectrum Bicycles, try to paint this on my frame. He did such an amazing job. Here's the final product. The picture is a little blurry, but it looks perfect in real life. It's actually painted into the frame - it's not just a
decal. It looks like a bike tattoo.

0 comments

Post a Comment