| 1 comments ]

Yesterday was the first time I took the long run outdoors in the training program.


I DOMINATED!

That's right! I am so happy about this run I could explode. As you know, I have been rehabbing a strained calf and sore achilles since about July. It's been a long 7ish months coming back, and I have not done an outdoor run even close to this long since June. I have built up to 9 miles on the treadmill, however. I have been running pain-free since getting the orthotics, so I have been anxious to see how outdoor running feels.


The run felt great. I ran 10 miles in 1hr 38mins.

My aerobic capacity felt strong - I never felt even close to winded. It was my running muscles which tired towards the end of the run. That's no problem, however, as I anticipate I just need a steady build of running to strengthen those guys.

I have plenty of muscular soreness today, but no injury soreness whatsoever. I think if I keep slowly building my running volume over the next few months, I can comfortably hit that 13.1 mile run at Florida 70.3 injury free.

1 comments

Libby Maxim said... @ February 7, 2008 at 2:13 PM

good news frey

glad the orthodics are working and your run was pain free


libs

Post a Comment