| 0 comments ]


Good news: I think I have solved my achilles problem. I think I am an overpronator.


Here's a definition from runner's world:


One of the most common causes of foot and leg discomfort is a condition known as overpronation. Normal pronation, or "turning inward" of the foot is necessary as the foot adapts to the ground. With over pronation, the arch flattens, collapses, and soft tissues stretch. This causes the joint surfaces to function at unnatural angles to each other. When this happens, joints that should be stable now become very loose and flexible.
At first, over pronation may cause fatigue. As the problem gets worse, strain on the muscles, tendons, and ligaments of the foot and lower leg can cause permanent problems and deformities.


This, apparently, is a condition which is easily cured with prescription orthotics. I am going to an excellent Podiatrist in Boca Raton, who specializes in treating runners, for an appointment today.


We'll see how it turns out.

The reason I am thinking I need this help is that the achilles starting bothering me, ever so slightly, again this weekend. It would bother me at about one hour into a workout, then it would go away immediately after the training. Also, the pain became more diffuse in the achilles area. That it, it wasn't concerntrated to the achilles, but it was spread throughout the ankle area. I think the rolling inward of the foot is just reinjuring the achilles area. So I injure, rest, rehab, strengthen, heal, reinjure, ...

I think this will end the cycle, I am pumped.

0 comments

Post a Comment