| 0 comments ]

I was in Publix yesterday, and a Haitian female worker there was staring at my cart. She looked up at me, and said, "That's good shopping! That's good food!" In the cart, I had fresh fruits, vegetables, V8 juice, grapefruit juice, and mixed nuts.

I only made up one recipe for the week.

Salmon Pasta Primevera

1 pound whole wheat pasta - any style
salt
2 tbsp smart balance margarine
28 oz. frozen broccoli florets
10 oz. frozen spinach
1 tbsp olive oil
2 7oz. cans wild alaskan pink salmon

Boil pasta according to package directions, adding salt to water before boiling. When pasta is finished, stir margarine into drained pasta. While pasta cooks, warm olive oil over medium high heat in a large nonstick pan. Stir fry frozen vegetables. Add cooked pasta to vegetable pan, and stir to combine pasta with vegetables. Divide into four equal containers, and top each with 1/2 can of salmon. Eat.

All other meals will basically be fruit, nuts, yogurt, oatmeal, vegetables, tuna.

I am making a conscious effort to cut back on fiber in the 24 hours before my planned long run and brick this week. Running sometimes causes me GI distress, and my long runs of the past few weeks have been no different. I got V8 juice to drink instead of vegetables, and I will not eat any oatmeal in the 24 hours before hand. Also, I will go low on the nuts and fruit - focusing on juices and olive oil instead. This is to try to keep my GI system lighter before the run. And, it's a test to see what sort of diet works for me in the days leading up to the 70.3 races.

0 comments

Post a Comment