| 4 comments ]

Sweet Jesus! I am back!

Where have I been? How's the training? When are we going to get more smoking hot female triathlete pictures, shamelessly plugged into posts in a vain attempt to boost my traffic?

I love you, Pip Taylor. I also outsplit you on the bike leg of the 2010 Philly Tri.

Well, I'm back, so quit crying, and get your blender out, cause I gots a great recipe for some triathlon related nom noms.

This is a recipe for a Banana Molasses Recovery Smoothie.

Author's note: Sometimes, on triathlon blogs, you see writers talking about when you can eat a certain type of food. Delicious carbs are post-workout only according to some blogs. Let's be honest here, you can drink my recovery smoothie at any point in your life. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, or 2am drunk snack when you get home from the bar. Anytime. This is because 1) it's delicious and 2) you're training upwards of 20 hours a week... eat some damn calories.

Without further delay, here's the recipe:

Banana Molasses Recovery Smoothie

1 cup milk
1 banana
2 tablespoons organic blackstrap molasses
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
handful of ice

Directions: Throw these mothers into a blender. Blend. Slobber while you watch the creamy, molassesy goodness twirl around. Drink. How's that for a complex set of directions?


How'd you like it? Leave a comment below to let me know!


Quote of the week:

Check out this link here for a great bruce lee quote

4 comments

Suzy said... @ June 28, 2011 at 12:52 PM

One of my co-workers thinks he is a phenomenal triathlete b/c he gets out of the water with the pros. He fails to mention that his finishing time is generally near the bottom of his age group. You failed to mention that Ms. Taylor beat you by nearly 30 minutes in an Olympic Distance race..???? Yet, you seem quite proud that you out-split a female pro on the bike with a fairly pedestrian time. That’s why it’s called TRIathlon. Anyone can be decent at one or two disciplines, that's easy. Now, there’s nothing wrong with being slow but the profile on your blog says you compete at the highest level of triathlon and coach elite athletes? Which races? And who?

Frey said... @ June 28, 2011 at 2:13 PM

Hey suzy - that's for your interest in my blog. It sounds like you're also specifically interested in my coaching services. Feel free to send me an email through the link in my profile, and I will be happy to discuss how I can help you out. Also, sounds like your coworker is quite the swimmer!

Suzy said... @ June 28, 2011 at 3:00 PM

...so you can teach me how to run 10-minute miles? I'm all set. Thanks tho!

Frey said... @ June 28, 2011 at 3:55 PM

It's nice to know I've got such a quick runner following the blog. Feel free to keep commenting, as it seems like you bring some good experience and perspective to my site.

Post a Comment