| 0 comments ]

In Part I of Tribute to the Female Athletic Physique, I talked about how the hotness of a triathlete like Jessi Stenslend dominates the crack-head-ness of most Hollywood "beauties". In Part II, I talk about the the US Womens Water Polo team. Nobody read much of either of these posts, because they spent most of the time looking at the pictures!



Tony Gentilcore, of Cressey Performance, has an awesome blog post about his female athletes. You can read it here:

"No Woman Should Lift More Than 3 Lbs." In Other News: Boston Based Strength Coach/Trainer Just Went Postal.

Gentilcore's article is perfect.

I've been spending a good deal of time lifting weights in my off season, and being in the gym is a nice change of pace. I got inspired to post about gym women for two reasons:

1) I met myself a damn hot gym woman the other day. She's way out of my league, but I met her nonetheless.

2) It's reminded me how a regime of purely cardio isn't always the best bet for fitness gains. The average triathlete can benefit tremendously from a heavy, well-designed strength program.

Quote of the Week:
"When the spirits are low, when the day appears dark, when work becomes monotonous, when hope hardly seems worth having, just mount a bicycle and go out for a spin down the road, without thought on anything but the ride you are taking." — Sherlock Holmes, 1896

0 comments

Post a Comment